Yamaha MX88 88-key Synthesizer
Yamaha MX88 88-key Synthesizer with Graded Hammer Standard weighted action, full concert grand piano voice, synth sound, optimized touch curve, and the MOTIF sound engine.
- Piano Touch: The MX88 features a Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action. GHS weighted action has a heavier response in the low keys and a lighter response in the high keys. This provides realistic acoustic piano touch and response. Special matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use, perfect for long practice or performance sessions.
- Optimized Touch Curve: Uniting the GHS action with the Full Concert grand piano Voice is an optimized touch curve. This curve provides the player with a high level of expression, realism and dynamic. This is only possible in an instrument designed by Yamaha, a manufacturer of world-class concert grand pianos for over 100 years.
- Sounds for the Modern Piano Player: Beyond acoustic piano, the MX88 features an impressive selection of keyboard Voices. Choose from authentic re-creations of classic tine and reed electric pianos or retro tonewheel organs with rotary speaker effect. There are also punchy and percussive Clav sounds when you want to get funky. This wide variety of sounds makes the MX88 perfect for the stage, studio or worship service.
- Realistic Strings, Guitars, Basses and Drum Kits: Amazing recreations of orchestral strings, woodwinds, pipe organs, brass and more make the MX88 an inspirational tool for orchestrators, educators and producers. For the aspiring producer, the highly expressive and playable acoustic and electric guitars, basses, tonewheel organs and drum kits offer a powerful and professional sonic pallete.
- Virtual Circuity Modeling Effect: Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
- 128-Note Polyphony: 128 notes of polyphony ensure dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences.
- Cubase AI: Building on the same core technologies found in Steinberg’s Cubase advanced music production software, Cubase AI is a special compact version offering all the basic tools for recording, editing and mixing everything from the basic idea to the final masterpiece. Cubase AI offers powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for a large range of music styles — exclusive to customers of selected Steinberg and Yamaha hardware.
- Connectivity: The MX88 is more than a great-sounding synthesizer; it's the hub of your studio! The MX88 is USB audio and MIDI class-compliant, letting you record and playback stereo audio to and from your computer or iOS device. This is perfect when recording the MX88 into your DAW and listening to your mixes through speakers or headphones. The MX88 does more than connect to your DAW, it's also a dedicated control surface. Use the onboard transport controls with your DAW and interact with plug-in parameters via the control knobs. There are dozens of built-in Remote Control Templates for interacting with popular soft-synths and plug-ins, giving your software a hardware feel. With DAW remote control capabilities, there’s also a 16-channel MIDI interface for using the MX88 as both a keyboard controller and tone generator. The MX88 is the perfect recording centerpiece.
Don’t sacrifice sound for portability - get the MX88! The MX88 is a lightweight and portable music synthesizer with 88 full-sized, touch-sensitive keys and over 1,000 Voices from the legendary MOTIF.
||88 Initial Touch Keys
|Multi Timbral Capacity:
||16 parts (Internal)
||Approx. 166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
||Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
||User: 128 (16 parts)
||Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
||5 – 300
||27 Demo Songs
||SMF Format 0 (playback only)
||Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
||3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
||OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] (Class Compliant support)/ [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
|Manufacturer Part Number: